information: Results of a 1-year, open-label safety study
The safety profile of Viibryd® 40 mg/day is supported by a 1-year, open-label study in 599 patients1
Most Common Adverse Events
Diarrhea (35.7%), nausea (31.6%), and headache (20.0%)
The majority (>90%) were mild or moderate in severity
- Median duration was 1 week for diarrhea and nausea, both occurred early in treatment (median time to onset: diarrhea 4 days, nausea 5 days)
Sexual Adverse Events
Adverse reactions occurring in ≥1% of patients included:
- Decreased libido (4.2%)
- Erectile dysfunction* (4.2%)
- Delayed ejaculation* (3.1%)
- Anorgasmia, including abnormal orgasm (2.3%)
The lack of placebo control and active comparator limits conclusions from these results
The mean weight change from baseline was +1.0 kg2
- Systolic Blood Pressure, mmHg
- Baseline mean (SD): 121.6 (13.6)
- Week 52 mean (SD): 122.1 (13.2)
- Mean change from baseline (SD): +0.4 (12.0)
- Diastolic Blood Pressure, mmHg
- Baseline mean (SD): 78.4 (8.5)
- Week 52 mean (SD): 78.6 (9.1)
- Mean change from baseline (SD): +0.3 (8.3)
*Male patients only (n=192).
- Robinson DS, Kajdasz DK, Gallipoli S, Whalen H, Wamil A, Reed CR.
J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2011;31(5):643-646.
- Leibowitz M, Croft HA, Kajdasz DK, et al. Psychopharmacol Bull. 2011;44(3):1-19.