identification: Patient characteristics across
4 clinical studies*
Consider Viibryd for initial treatment or first switch
Patient characteristics in 4 clinical trials1-4†
Mean MADRS total score at baseline: 31.21-4‡
Episode of depression1-4Studies included patients suffering from their first or subsequent episodes of depression
of patients were suffering from their first episode of depression
Duration of current episode1-4Studies included patients with varying durations of depression
of patients were suffering from their current episode for 6 months or less
*Patient characteristics were evaluated across 2 pivotal and 2 postmarketing studies.
†Patients received at least one dose of study medication.
‡Includes VIIBRYD and placebo arms in all studies, Rickels et al (N=409), Khan et al (N=468), Croft et al (N=508), and Mathews et al (N=856).
Severity of depression1,2||Pivotal studies included patients with moderate or severe depression
≈3 out of 4
patients suffered from moderate depression
§Includes VIIBRYD and placebo arms in the Rickels et al (N=409) and Khan et al (N=468) clinical studies.
||Severity of depression was not measured in the two postmarketing studies. Severity was defined by criteria in the DSM-IV-TR Severity Specifiers for Major Depressive Episode.5
MADRS=Montgomery-Asberg Depression Rating Scale.
- Khan A, Cutler AJ, Kajdasz DK, et al. J Clin Psychiatry. 2011;72:441-447.
- Rickels K, Athanasiou M, Robinson DS, Gibertini M, Whalen H, Reed CR. J Clin Psychiatry. 2009;70(3):326-333.
- Croft HA, Pomara N, Gommoll C, Chen D, Nunez R, Mathews M. J Clin Psychiatry. 2014 Nov;75(11):e1291-1298.
- Mathews M, Gommoll C, Chen D, Nunez R, Khan A. Int Clin Psychopharmacol. 2015;30(2):67-74.
- American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition, Text Revision. Washington, DC: American Pyschiatric Association; 2000.